1.10.06

MOO2 10 years later: QA

A few days ago, I received the following e-mail from Nieya Anjomi who is mentioned in the credits (Quality Assurance):

Hi Siron,

Just wow. It's great to know that people are still following this great title after so many years. I am indeed one of the original testers from the project, and unfortunately, I don't keep in contact with any of the original programmers. In fact, the QA was done in Alameda California, a seperate location than the development, so I've never actually met any of the developers.

Personally, MOO2 was the only game that I tested for pretty much an entire QA cycle for a game. I was a tester on several other games, but this was my first and last complete game tested as it was basically an extended summer job while I was going to school full time. I quit microprose during my 4th year of college, where I went on to get my B.S. and M.S. in computer science. I originally wanted to be a game programmer, however after I graduated I was facinated by network security and ended up working at SONICWALL for the next 4+ years. Like Russ Williams, this game took a lot out of me, regularly working 50-60 hours a week while attending full time classes, teaching me the way the game industry is based on demand and the development cycle.

I remember that all the testers on this game were heavily addicted to QUAKE which was our game of choice to be played during lunch and after hours.

I hope this helps, feel free to blog it, and I wish I had more to contribute. It's been a lifetime for me since I tested this game or was involved in the game industry itself.

Nieya

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You more write about yourself than moo2. Nothing special in this email :(

siron said...

He wrote about himself because I had asked him to do so.

I am sorry that you, Mr. A. "nothing special" Nonymous, were bored by that post. Personally, I am interested in this kind of stuff not directly related to MOO2. Unbelievable!

Finally, I hope that you act according to your own standards on your website; i.e. please don?t bore people with your personal stuff. Especially when noone asked you to do so.

Anonymous said...

Good stuff, IMO. Keep it up, Siron, and post everything you are able. I'll read it. :)

-Gusset

Anonymous said...

That's really cool... it made me think about how much my life has changed since Moo2 came out. 10 years later and Moo2 is still great!

Anonymous said...

cool stuff Siron...and thanks for the developers...this game still and will have life for many years to come...